Who said you can only have fish and chips in England?
Apart from my frequent trips to London, I have been recently in the south of England and had the chance to eat in many restaurants or pubs. What I appreciate most is the wide and international choice; you just need to step into the right place.
In my culture (I’m Italian), food means tradition, health and togetherness. That’s why, in planning my trips, I never ever leave the meals issue to chance. In England, thanks to its vast multicultural population, you can taste pretty almost the entire planet.
On today’s article, I’ve selected 3 of my favourite places to share with you.
- The Alice House is an intimate, yet vibrant, venue located in north-west London and it can be easily reached by tube (Bakerloo line), overground or bus (line n. 6). It offers fresh seasonal dishes and drinks, but I highly recommend it also for Sunday brunch or just a couple of pints on Friday night. Being far from the tourist zone, you can join locals and immerse yourself into the real London life.
- The Quod Restaurant & Bar is an easy-chic restaurant located in the Oxford city centre, just in front of the University Church of St. Mary the Virgin. The quietness and elegance of the place mirrors in its dishes and drinks.
- The Skewer House is a Portuguese restaurant located in the Taunton city centre. The food is just WOW! You can have meat, fish or vegetables grilled and flavoured on a skewer. Do not forget to try also the delicious and spicy sides.
And now… Enjoy your meal!
- Pub/Restaurant: The Alice House (London – Queen’s Park Tube station)
- Restaurant: Quod Restaurant (Oxford)
- Restaurant: The Skewer House (Taunton)